Saturday, December 10, 2005

Hungry fellow - Macro

Accidentally saw this fellow munching away almost the whole tree. Rush home to take my camera and replace the kit lens with my newly acquires Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro Super II. Very glad that I finally got the opportunity to try out the Macro mode which it is capable of. Grab my tripod and dash back to the scene.

Setup everything and start shooting. Everyone was curious, seem like there was a beautiful supermodel, as the shutter just keep clicking.

However, found out the cheap Sakura tripod wasn't up to the task, the camera and lens are just too heavy. I just unable to setup properly and have to hand hend it most of the time. Final results wasn't as I expected but quite satisfied. Guess I need to bring forward my plan to get the Monfrotto tripod earlier than planned.

Here are 3 of them:














No comments: