Sunday, November 02, 2008

Kinabalu Trip

The week before going to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah trip, I got excited because will have plenty of opportunities to shot interesting subjects. Firstly, knowing Sabah will have awesome sunset(furthermore, staying in Promenade Hotel with Anjung Senja just in front), surely I need to bring along the tripod, with some filters and a wide angle lens.

Next, surely there will be beautiful and unique people to spot, must bring a telephoto lens, 70 -200 will be nice. Next, sure to have beautiful plants and flowers, and not to mention, may also spot some small insect or animal – macro lense.

What next, cultural show – flashgun. Also, essential accessories like charger, portable hard disk, cable etc.

Not to worry, my Lowepro Minitrekker AW can accommodate all.

Haha, wishful thinking, as I am forgetting that it is a family trip. Most importantly, Dylan, our 1 + year old son is coming along.

Nevermind, I will just sacrifice the macro lens, in thinking I will have no time to spot them. Opss, what about the heavy 70-200… also, the troublesome tripod. In the end, I was wondering what else I have left to shot without all those gear. Anyhow, my mind still playing with the idea still might capable to bring all along.

Finally, it stuck me that I will not be able to carry all those gears as first planned. Why? When my wife start to pack for our luggage bag, found that we have tons of stuffs to bring along, 0.5kg of milk powder, 1 week supply of Diapers (55 pieces), bottles, Dylan jacket etc. In fact, we need to buy a new 62 liter bag in order to carry all those stuffs!

In the end, I only bring Nikon D70s, with 18-70mm kit lens. Also some little accessories like card reader, charger and portable hard disk : - )

What else did I bring along for all those spaces save?
A backpack filled with
Hobbes – Dylan best friend (a soft toy)
0.5l Thermos
1.5 liter water container
A Pacifier
A Jacket
A set of spare clothing
A pair of slipper
Some biscuit
Some bread

Start wondering if I will have any opportunity to shot . . .

No comments: